Pages

Monday 2 September 2019

Technology Wood

This Blog Will Be Recording The Steps On How I Make A M&M Dispenser. 
------------------------------
Recording:
Step 1: I used a pencil, ruler and a piece of wood to make a full size working drawing of my M&M Dispenser because if I make a mistake I could rub it out but on wood I can't uncut.

Step 2: I used a pencil and a ruler to copy the measurements drawing  of my M&M Dispenser onto              the piece of wood 

Step 3: I marked a square line at 90° across using a Tri-square.

Step 4: I cut off the first piece of wood using a Backed-Saw.

Step 5: I then marked out the joint using the piece of wood I cut off, pencil, Tri-square                     and a Marking gauge. 

Step 6: Then I used a Backed-saw to cut the marked lines. 

Step 7: I used a Mallet, Vice and a Chisel to chisel out the wood.

Step 8: I then took out the piece wood from the vice then used a sandpaper smooth                         uneven and rough joints. I would also ask Mr Grundy to even out the joint with                        his Machine. I this step with another piece of wood  

Step 9: I then mark out the hole for where the M&M's will come out .

Step 10: Next I glue the pieces of wood into the joints and wait for 30 minutes.

Step 11: After 30 minutes, Mr Grundy created to hole to where the M&M's will come out.

Step 12: Using a piece of wood we made a hole on the side.

Step 13: Then I got the sandpaper and smooth all the rough and chipped parts.

Step 14: Mr Grundy then cut a circle piece to cover the bottom hole using a Machine.

Step 15: Also using the Machine, Mr Grundy cut a flat piece of wood to place on the sides.

Step 16: We assembled it using Glue.

Step 17: After it had set, we then put a glass piece using Pan Head Screws 

Step 18: Then I cut 2 80 cm flat pieces as handles for the middle piece.

Step 19: Mr Grundy then glues one of the flat pieces to on of the end using Glue.

Step 20: Using Mr Grundy's machine, he cut out the lid and a flat piece of wood for the inside.

Step 21: Using The Glue Bottle, We glued together the pieces and left it for 20 minutes

Step 22: Last bit was to test it. It worked perfectly fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment